The following steps outline the admissions process which begins in early March and will run through May. To get started, please contact our school expressing your interest in learning more about enrollment or attend one of our prospective family tours.
Families currently enrolled at CHMS will be given first choice of classroom placement for the upcoming school year. Classroom Enrollment Forms are due by early April to hold your child's spot for the upcoming school year. When you re-enroll, we’ll ask you to update your child’s medical records, release forms, emergency contacts and other personal information. You will be invoiced on July 1 or August 1 depending on which payment plan you choose in your enrollment forms.
Prospective Family Tours
- Each Spring tours are held for prospective families. During this tour families will tour the school, meet the teachers and learn about Montessori Education. Tours take approximately 20 to 40 minutes and we encourage you to bring your prospective child to the tour.
- Should you wish to then apply for admission, you will fill out the Waiting List Application form to hold your child's place. There is no fee to be placed on the waiting list, but a tour is required.
- We will review your Waiting List Application, determine if we have an appropriate opening in a classroom for your child and make a placement recommendation if any are available.
- If no opening is available for immediate consideration or your enrollment is for a future enrollment cycle, we will place your application in a waiting pool. We draw from this pool as classroom openings become available, taking age and gender into consideration. Waiting list families will be notified of their status by the end of May each year.
- Once you have been notified of an opening, the school will confirm enrollment and contact you with any necessary communications to ensure you and your child are ready to attend school at the specified start date (typically, children start school in the fall, although we do have some students join us mid-year). A non-refundable $140 registration fee will be due to hold your child's spot upon confirmation.
- Fill out the Classroom Enrollment Forms for your child and return them to the school office. Your enrollment forms will be due before the end of June. You will be invoiced on August 1 to follow the payment installment you chose in your enrollment forms.
- Two days prior to school starting, new families will have tours and a primary practice day. These dates and times are mailed to you along with your invoice.
NON-DISCRIMINATION: Children's House Montessori School admits students of any race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religious and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School. Children's House Montessori School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religious and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies and other school-administered policies.